Looking for a Gay Tour Venice? Venice, the City of Love, is one of the most romantic cities in the world and is renowned for its stunning canals, romantic gondolas, and beautiful architecture. But many people do not know that it is the cradle of long queer history and culture dating back to the Middle Ages. Explore iconic landmarks like St. Mark’s Square and the Doge’s Palace, get lost in the narrow streets, and immerse yourself in the unique atmosphere of this magical floating city.
Attractions in gay Venice
To better understand the LGBTQ+ scene of Venice during a gay tour, you can discover the best attractions of the city:
- Explore St. Mark’s Square: visit the iconic St. Mark’s Square, the main square in Venice and the bustling heart of the city. Surrounded by architectural wonders like St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, and the Campanile, it is a must-visit destination. Enjoy the lively atmosphere, listen to live music, sip coffee at historic cafes, and soak in the grandeur of this iconic square.
- The Rialto Bridge: this is a famous architectural gem in Venice, Italy. Spanning the Grand Canal, it is one of the city’s most recognizable landmarks. The bridge attracts visitors with its elegant design, bustling market stalls, and breathtaking views of the canal, making it a must-see attraction in Venice. Discover our gay tour Venice.
- Take a Gondola Ride: experience a romantic gondola ride through Venice’s picturesque canals with your partner or friends, enjoying the beauty of the city from the water.
- Visit the Peggy Guggenheim Collection: explore the renowned art collection of Peggy Guggenheim, which includes works by prominent LGBT artists, showcasing their contributions to the art world.
- Visit Bridge of Sighs: this bridge is a famous landmark in Venice. This iconic bridge connects the Doge’s Palace to the historic prisons and is known for its beautiful architecture and romantic allure.
- Discover the Islands of Murano and Burano: take a boat trip to the islands of Murano and Burano, known for their beautiful glasswork and colorful houses, and enjoy the peaceful ambiance away from the crowds.
- Experience the Venetian Cuisine: indulge in traditional Venetian cuisine at LGBT-friendly restaurants, trying local dishes like sarde in saor or risotto al nero di seppia.
- Visit the Biennale: explore the Venice Biennale, an international art exhibition that showcases contemporary artworks and installations, often featuring LGBTQ+ artists and themes.
3 LGBT events in gay Venice
Take a gay tour in Venice during a LGBT event to discover the real inclusive atmosphere of the city and to meet the local LGBT community. Venice hosts several LGBTQ+ events throughout the year and while specific event schedules may vary, here are a few notable LGBTQ+ do not missed:
- Venice Pride: this is an annual event in Venice that celebrates LGBTQ+ rights and inclusivity in LGBT Italy. The event includes a vibrant parade that winds through the city’s historic streets. It is a joyful occasion that brings together locals, visitors, and allies to support and celebrate LGBTQ+ visibility.
- Queer Lion Award: it is a prestigious accolade presented at the Venice International Film Festival. It recognizes outstanding LGBTQ+ themed films, promoting diversity and inclusion in the world of cinema. The award highlights the importance of LGBTQ+ storytelling and helps elevate queer voices within the film industry.
- Venice Carnival: The Venice Carnival is a world-renowned event that transforms the city into a vibrant, masked spectacle. Dating back centuries, the carnival is a grand celebration of elaborate costumes, enchanting masks, and extravagant parades. Visitors immerse themselves in a magical atmosphere, attending masquerade balls, enjoying street performances, and capturing the essence of this historic festival. During the Venice Carnival, you can find LGBTQ+-themed parties, events, and gatherings that embrace the festive spirit of the city.
Best things to do during a gay tour in Venice
Here’s a list of the best things to do on a gay tour of Venice:
- Explore LGBTQ+ Friendly Neighborhoods: discover the LGBT-friendly neighborhoods of Venice, such as Cannaregio and Dorsoduro, where you can find gay-friendly bars, cafes, and establishments.
- Enjoy LGBTQ+-Friendly Beaches: venture to nearby beaches like Alberoni Beach on the Lido island, where you can relax, sunbathe, and enjoy the coastal beauty in an LGBT-friendly environment.
- Explore St. Mark’s Square and Basilica: visit the iconic St. Mark’s Square, admire the stunning Byzantine architecture of St. Mark’s Basilica, and climb the Campanile for panoramic views of the city.
- Discover the Doge’s Palace and Bridge of Sighs: explore the Doge’s Palace, a stunning Gothic palace that served as the political and administrative center of the Venetian Republic, and walk across the Bridge of Sighs, an iconic symbol of Venice.
Tell us what kind of experiences you want to live in Italy LGBT and we’ll arrange your gay tour Venice with our gay / gay-friendly specialized guides.